Submit Your Work
We are no longer accepting submissions for our Spring 2019 issue. Our website will be updated once we are ready to solicit submissions for our Fall 2019 issue. Please continue reading for general information on the submissions process:
We welcome papers from any institution, on any historically relevant topic; the only subject requirement is that the paper takes the past seriously.
All papers must meet the following guidelines:
- Papers must have been written for an undergraduate class or undergraduate supervised independent study for credit (Recent graduates may submit work written prior to graduation). Graded papers must have received the equivalent of an A- or higher.
- Limit of one paper submission per student per semester.
- Submissions cannot have been previously submitted to the Review nor previously published anywhere.
- Submissions must be at least twelve double-spaced pages long and preferably no longer than thirty. Submissions longer than thirty double-spaced pages are accepted but may be excerpted if chosen for publication.
Each essay chosen for publication is edited by a team of professors and undergraduate editors.
Please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Essay Submission.” Be sure to include the following information in your email:
- Your name, college, and year
- The class and professor for which the paper was written
- Date on which the paper was submitted to the class
- Your e-mail address
Because we read submissions anonymously, please remove your name and all identifying details from the file of the essay itself. We look forward to reading your work!